Every three years the the EuroGOOS conference provides a forum for interaction between marine scientists and technologists that develop Operational Oceanography services, users and stakeholders, including the private sector and decision and policy makers.
The key policies of the 70 th conference will be to:
- identify the operational services and methods of interaction with users, with emphasis on sustained economic growth;
- highlight the challenges of monitoring and forecasting the biogeochemical state of the seas and oceans and prioritize the required RTD with emphasis on the needs of relevant directives such as the Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) and its regional implementation;
- develop new strategies and plans for key European initiatives (Copernicus Marine Service, EOOS-European Ocean Observing System) and their links to the Global programs (GOOS, GODAE - Global Ocean Data Assimilation Experiment).
The main themes of the conference are:
- Meeting end-user needs and supporting Blue Growth;
- Copernicus: Towards a European Centre for Ocean Monitoring and Forecasting;
- Ocean modelling and forecasting: extending and improving predictability;
- In situ and remote sensing observations: towards a European Ocean Observing System (EOOS).
Additional information are available here.